WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring for a summer Intern to join our Golf Operations team. The Golf Intern will be responsible for providing support to members of the Golf Operations team throughout the Summer season. This role is designed to provide the Intern with an in-depth educational experience in the field of private club Golf Operations, while providing opportunity for exposure and participation to various aspects of the team responsibilities. This will include but is not limited to daily team operations, tournament planning, organization and execution, driving range operations and maintenance, and shop operations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Golf Intern must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by the Director of Golf and/or Head Golf Professional, including but not limited to:
- Assist Director of Golf, Head Professional, Assistant Professionals and all other Golf team members with the management and oversight of all elements of the Club’s golf-related activities in order to assure an exceptional overall golf experience for all Members and guests
- Work alongside Golf team members on all facets of tournament program, including organization and execution
- Assist Golf Shop Manager and Golf team members in daily operation of the golf shop
- Assist with the daily organization, set up and oversight of driving range
- Participate in Member rounds as requested/assigned
- Maintain a high level of visibility and interaction with both Members and guests Play an active role in the promotion of all Club golf activities and events
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Must be currently enrolled in a college degree program and/or actively pursuing PGA accreditation
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of and ability in the game of Golf and all applicable rules
- Basic knowledge and understanding of tournament software, including but not limited to Eventman and Golf Genius
- Demonstrated computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, and Publisher
- Must be self-motivated, with a demonstrated passion for Golf, with the desire to promote the Club’s Golf program and learn from team members
$17.00 hourly compensation, commensurate with experience
OUR TOTAL REWARDS
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, a lifestyle discount program, and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.