Housekeeping Supervisor (PM/Evening)
WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring for a full-time Housekeeping Supervisor (PM/Evening) to join our Housekeeping Team. This role is responsible for assisting the Housekeeping Manager in supervising the work of Housekeeping staff and maintaining housekeeping standards in accordance with Club policy. The Housekeeping Supervisor will provide overall support to the operations of the Housekeeping Department throughout the hotel and member residences.
Candidates interested in applying must be willing and available to work this position’s set shift: Monday & Tuesday and Friday through Sunday from 2:00pm-10:30pm.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Housekeeping Supervisor (PM/Evening) must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by the Housekeeping Manager, including but not limited to:
- Assist Housekeeping Manager in the effective training, motivation and guidance of Housekeeping and Laundry staff
- Availability to work a variable PM/Evening shift based on business needs including weekends, nights, holidays and event schedules
- Participate in cost control systems for staffing and inventories
- Maintain and enforce WCC guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ensure quality service is rendered and member needs are met
- Prepare daily assignment sheets for all Housekeeping and Laundry staff
- Perform daily inspection of guest rooms and provide guidance on necessary corrections
- Inspect, monitor and maintain satisfactory levels of cleanliness in event areas, storage areas, restrooms and public areas
- Accurately compile and report status of all transient rooms to Front Desk Department
- Assist Room Attendants as needed and provide necessary training
- Handle “Lost and Found” items according to Club policy and standards
- Maintain departmental key control
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff, members and across all departments
- Perform housekeeping services as necessary to ensure continuity of services and complete projects as assigned by Housekeeping Manager
- Embody leadership through impeccable conduct, punctuality and professional appearance at all times, especially when interacting with members, guests and staff
- Perform additional duties and assist with additional projects & assignments as needed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2-3 years of housekeeping experience, with at least 1 year in a supervisory role
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- High School Diploma or GED Diploma a plus
- Must be able to work a variable PM/Evening shift based on business needs and event schedules
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must possess high energy, effective communication skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and strong leadership skills
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Trained in proper chemical handling and blood borne pathogens handling techniques desirable
- Must be able to communicate and interact professionally with members and staff in English language
- Proficiency in Spanish language an asset
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. and ability to stand for long periods of time
$22.00 hourly compensation
WHAT WE OFFER
At WCC, we believe that our biggest strength lies in the exceptional people who work for our organization to deliver memorable experiences to our members and their families. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and providing our team members a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us.
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, access to a lifestyle discount program, an employee assistance program (EAP), and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.