WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring for part-time and on-call Banquet Servers to join our Banquets team. The Banquet Server is to provide all Members and guests with an exceptional dining experience throughout private Club events. This goal will be accomplished through working seamlessly with team members throughout service, setting up and maintaining station organization throughout service, serving food and beverages according to team procedures and standards, and assisting with all Member and guests requests in a timely and effective manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Banquet Server must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by the Food & Beverage Banquet Director and Banquet Captains, including but not limited to:
- Participate in set-up of banquet rooms for all Member events according to Club standards
- Serve food and beverages to assigned tables according to Club procedures and standards, working with team members to assure seamless service
- Clear assigned tables in timely manner and in accordance with Club procedures and standards
- Maintain organization of assigned station throughout service
- Assist in breakdown and set-up for future events as needed Maintain knowledge of current event and menu, effectively assisting with Member and guest requests and questions as needed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Must have previous experience in hospitality and/or service industry, preferably in a Server or similar role
- Must have ability to work weekends and holidays, primarily including but not limited to Easter Sunday, Mother’s Day, Independence Day, and Christmas Eve
- Must be customer service-minded, with ability to assist where and when needed throughout service
- Must possess the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and team-centered environment
- Must maintain a friendly, professional and helpful presence at all times
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with Members and guests, team members and Management
- Must be knowledgeable, or have demonstrated ability to learn, hospitality and culinary terms Basic mathematical skills preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
$20.24 hourly compensation
OUR TOTAL REWARDS
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, a lifestyle discount program, and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.