WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring for a full-time Second Assistant to join our Golf & Grounds team. The Second Assistant will be responsible for assuring the overall success of the Golf & Grounds team, as well as developing a well-rounded knowledge of Golf Maintenance. This will be achieved primarily through the performance of daily grounds assignments and intermediate equipment repairs, assisting in daily course set-up, and participating in continuous on-the-job and educational training. The Second Assistant is integral to the overall health and upkeep of Club grounds, and should demonstrate passion for both the field as well as continuing education through the role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Second Assistant must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by the Director of Golf & Grounds and/or Superintendent, including but not limited to:
- Assist in Golf course set-up and overall preparation for daily operation
- Perform all grounds management assignments, including but not limited to:
- Manual and mechanical sand trap raking
- Hand watering
- Fertilizer and pesticide application
- Seed and sod work
- General clean up
- Perform intermediate equipment repairs to assure proper operation and reduce breakdowns
- Assist in light and intermediate construction projects Participate in continuous on-the-job training
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Must have ability to perform basic math for chemical calibration
- Must have ability to perform intermediate mechanical repairs, including change oil, filters, plugs and tires, and provide general assistance to mechanics
- Must have common knowledge of pesticide application equipment, turf related diseases and insect problems
- Must have ability to operate a tractor and Cushman, including knowledge of calibration procedure and protective clothing
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in distinguishing Club courses, various hole numbers and other areas of the grounds including sprinkler heads and valve boxes
- Must possess, or have ability to develop, basic knowledge of various aspects of Golf & Grounds maintenance, including maintenance standards and equipment operation
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to work variable schedule, including flexible shifts
- Must have ability to work outdoors, including in various weather conditions
- Must be safety and efficiency-minded, following safe operating procedures at all times
- Must have demonstrated desire to contribute to the over all improvement of playability and aesthetics of Club courses and grounds
- Must have desire for continued education in field, including participation in training sessions, field days and specialized seminars
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with team members, Members and guests
- Must have valid U.S. Driver’s License with the ability to operation a standard shift
- Must possess or have ability to obtain a NYS DEC (Dept. of Environmental Conservation) Technician’s Applicator License
- Prior experience operating mechanical tools preferred Prior experience working outdoors under various weather conditions preferred
- Must possess a strong sense of direction, with the ability to plot and remember landmarks and understand maps
$19.00-22.00 hourly compensation, commensurate with experience
OUR TOTAL REWARDS
At WCC, we believe that our biggest strength lies in the exceptional people who work for our organization to deliver memorable experiences to our members and their families. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and providing our team members a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us. We prioritize offering valuable benefits, wellness, rewards and recognition programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and needs of team members and their families. We refer to these as our "Total Rewards“.
- Establish a Healthy Foundation – Several Cigna medical plan options, plus prescription coverage, dental and vision insurance.
- We've Got You Covered – 100% company paid life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and employee assistance program.
- Protect Against the Unexpected – Voluntary benefits including accident, critical illness, and supplemental life insurance.
- Family Members with Four Paws - Pet insurance available to provide dogs and cats with health coverage too.
- Build Toward Retirement - 401(k) plan for retirement savings and education sessions to help foster financial literacy.
- Work/Life Harmony - Paid time off including vacation and personal days, 11 holidays, and more to enjoy time outside of work, take a break, and care for ourselves or others.
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, a lifestyle discount program, and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.