WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring for a full-time Housekeeping Attendant to join our Housekeeping Team. The Housekeeping Attendant is responsible for the overall cleaning and upkeep of the Westchester Country Club public areas (indoor and outdoor) in accordance with Club standards.
Candidates interested in applying must be willing and available to work this position’s set shift: Tuesday through Thursday, Saturday & Sunday from 8:00am-4:30pm.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Housekeeping Attendant must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by the Housekeeping Manager, including but not limited to:
- Manage collection of soiled linen as well as re-supply of room attendant closets with fresh linens and room amenities
- Collect trash across various locations and dispose of properly
- Clean and maintain good overall appearance of all public areas (floors, carpets, corridors, furniture, walls, baseboards, ceiling fixtures, and moldings) assuring proper use of appropriate tools and chemicals
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels in various storage areas
- Ensure proper sanitation of bathrooms on regular basis
- Lift and/or move furniture per Member and/or Supervisor requests
- Perform additional general cleaning and housekeeping assignments as needed
- Clean Front Entrance, Terraces, windows and other outdoor areas as needed
- Assist with Spring/Fall Cleaning assignments (flipping mattresses, changing filters, etc.) as needed
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights, evening shifts and holidays
- Perform additional duties and assist with additional projects & assignments as needed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Previous housekeeping experience in a Hotel or private house(s)
- High School Diploma or GED Diploma a plus
- Must be able to communicate and interact professionally with members and staff in the English language
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Trained in proper chemical handling and Blood Borne Pathogens handling techniques desirable
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. and ability to stand for long periods of time
$16.50 hourly compensation
WHAT WE OFFER
At WCC, we believe that our biggest strength lies in the exceptional people who work for our organization to deliver memorable experiences to our members and their families. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and providing our team members a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us.
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, access to a lifestyle discount program, an employee assistance program (EAP), and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.