Restaurant Host | Main Club Member Dining
POSITION: Host (Full Time)
LOCATION: Westchester Country Club, Rye, New York
DEPARTMENT: Sportshouse Restaurant (Fine-Dining)
COMPENSATION: Non-Exempt (overtime eligible), Hourly rate commensurate with experience, Health & Wellness Benefits
This position is responsible for welcoming Members and Guests into our Main Club Sportshouse Restaurant, answering in-person and phone inquiries, managing the restaurant podium, and assuring an outstanding Member experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide arriving Members with a prompt, gracious greeting and seat them comfortably with menus
- Monitor restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow
- Performing opening and closing duties as needed
- Work together with Chefs and/or Managers on menu production
- Print menus, reservations, and dining charts as needed
- Assist with To-Go orders as needed, assuring timely and accurate service
- Assist team members with side duties, including but not limited to cleaning, stocking, silverware preparation, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of menu and specials
- Respond to Member inquiries in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Answer telephone and field calls that could include general inquiries, reservation requests, transfer calls, etc.
- Utilize reservation system to input reservations and maintain seating charts
- Assist with additional tasks/assignments as needed
The above list of essential job functions describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and positive demeanor are required
- Availability for Friday, Saturday, Sunday schedule
- Maintain regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observe prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with Club standards
- Maintain impeccable professional appearance and grooming standards, including compliance with Club dress code
- Willingness to assist with additional assignments/projects as requested by Supervisor
- Ability to work as part of a team, ensuring smooth communication, cooperation and coordination with team members
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to handle complaints in professional manner
- Show initiative and anticipate needs
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of Front of House and Food & Beverage operations preferred
- Excellent telephone etiquette and customer service skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively in English language
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- High School degree or equivalent; OR three to six months of related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
PHYSICAL, SENSORY AND MOTOR DEMANDS:
- Frequent standing for extended periods of time
- Frequent crouching, stooping, kneeling
- Regular lifting up to 10 lbs. and occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens and reception areas