WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring for a full-time Houseperson to join our Housekeeping Team. The Houseperson is responsible for the overall cleaning and upkeep of the Westchester Country Club public areas (indoor and outdoor) in accordance with Club standards.
Candidates interested in applying must be willing and available to work this position’s set shift: Monday & Tuesday, Friday through Sunday from 8:00am-4:30pm or from 10:00am-6:30pm.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Houseperson must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by the Housekeeping Manager, including but not limited to:
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of common areas of the hotel including, front entrance, lobby, public restrooms, elevators, pool, guest hallways, fitness center, employee break room (lockers), meeting rooms and all other areas as assigned
- Assist with cleaning residential apartments
- Perform general cleaning duties, i.e. linen duties, care for carpet, vacuuming, window cleaning, flipping mattresses, trash removal as per daily and weekly assignments
- Ensure security of any assigned keys and radios
- Review assignment sheet and update completed assignments. Check with Housekeeping office for additional assignments throughout the shift
- Respond to member requests in a timely fashion as assigned (cribs, roll-away beds, laundry, amenities to be delivered to room/apartment)
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights, evening shifts and holidays
- Perform additional duties and assist with additional projects & assignments as needed
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Previous housekeeping experience in a commercial building, hotel or private house(s)
- High School Diploma or GED Diploma a plus
- Must be able to communicate and interact professionally with members, supervisors and staff in the English language
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be highly responsible and well organized in tending to back of the house and public areas while ensuring member needs are met
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, sound judgement and ability to remain calm
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions thoroughly
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service
- Excellent attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
- Trained in proper handling and blood pathogens techniques desirable
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. and ability to stand for long periods of time
$16.50 hourly compensation
WHAT WE OFFER
At WCC, we believe that our biggest strength lies in the exceptional people who work for our organization to deliver memorable experiences to our members and their families. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and providing our team members a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us. ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, access to a lifestyle discount program, an employee assistance program (EAP), and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.