Assistant Golf Shop Manager
WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring for a full-time Golf Shop Manager to join our Golf Operations team. The Assistant Golf Shop Manager will be responsible for providing support to the Golf Shop Manager in the oversight and management of the Golf Shop, with the purpose of creating a consistently pleasant and fulfilling experience for all Members and guests. This will be achieved through assisting the Golf Shop Manager in all aspects of the daily operation of the Golf Shop, including but not limited to inventory planning, purchasing and tracking, stock room management, display creation and management, and providing exceptional customer service to all Members and guests.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Assistant Golf Shop Manager must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by the Golf Shop Manager and/or Director of Golf, including but not limited to:
- Assist Golf Shop Manager in the general oversight and management of Golf Shop, ensuring a positive overall experience for Members and guests
- Assist Golf Shop Manager with all facets of merchandise inventory, including planning, purchasing, tracking and documentation
- Assist in the maintenance of effective stock levels, ensuring stock presentations are seasonally appropriate and meet Club standards
- Work with Golf Shop Manager to create attractive and appealing merchandise presentations, rotating regularly
- Assist Golf Shop Manager in stock room maintenance, including managing organization of merchandise and assuring items are easily located by team members
- Assist in Member and guest requests and inquiries
- Maintain a high level of visibility and interaction in and around the Golf Shop, ensuring a pleasant and positive experience for all Members and guests Ensure replacement and return policies are adhered to
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Minimum of one (1) year working in Golf industry
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of and ability in the game of Golf and all applicable rules
- Demonstrated computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, and Publisher
- Must possess basic bookkeeping/record keeping skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a high-volume atmosphere
- Must be self-motivated, with a demonstrated passion for Golf, with the desire to promote the Club’s Golf Shop Must maintain a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable presence at all times
$20.00-$30.00 hourly compensation, commensurate with experience
OUR TOTAL REWARDS
At WCC, we believe that our biggest strength lies in the exceptional people who work for our organization to deliver memorable experiences to our members and their families. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and providing our team members a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us. We prioritize offering valuable benefits, wellness, rewards and recognition programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and needs of team members and their families. We refer to these as our "Total Rewards“.
- Establish a Healthy Foundation – Several Cigna medical plan options, plus prescription coverage, dental and vision insurance.
- We've Got You Covered – 100% company paid life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and employee assistance program.
- Protect Against the Unexpected – Voluntary benefits including accident, critical illness, and supplemental life insurance.
- Family Members with Four Paws - Pet insurance available to provide dogs and cats with health coverage too.
- Build Toward Retirement - 401(k) plan for retirement savings and education sessions to help foster financial literacy.
- Work/Life Harmony - Paid time off including vacation and personal days, 11 holidays, and more to enjoy time outside of work, take a break, and care for ourselves or others.
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, a lifestyle discount program, and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.