Assistant Golf Professional | Golf Operations
WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring an Assistant Golf Professional to join our Golf Operations team. The Assistant Golf Professional will play an integral role in assuring the exceptional golf experience of all Members and guests. This will be achieved through creating and executing exceptional golf programs for all Members and guests, assisting in the planning and execution of tournaments, assisting in the management and daily operation of the Pro Shop, leading instruction for Members and guests, and playing an active role in all Golf Operations activities and events. The Assistant Golf Professional will be a resource and point of contact for Members and guests, and will be responsible for maintaining an active friendly, knowledgeable and courteous presence around the Club.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Assistant Golf Professional must complete all tasks and assignments assigned by the Director of Golf and/or Head Golf Professional, including but not limited to:
- Assist team members, including Director of Golf Operations, with managing all Golf events and activities, assuring an exceptional Golf experience for all Members and guests
- Assist in the management and execution of summer Junior Golf program, including leading instruction, coaching, creating lesson plans, and playing alongside Juniors
- Play active role in the opening, closing, and daily operation of the Pro Shop as assigned
- Assist Professional(s), Head Professional and Director of Golf in the planning and execution of tournaments and overall tournament program
- Maintain professional expertise through related courses and learning opportunities
- Maintain a high level of visibility and interaction with both Members and guests
- Promote and support all Golf Operations activities and events
- Participate in Member rounds while not on shift
- Provide expert level of professionalism and knowledge for all Members and guests Assist in the development and execution of marketing and communication plans relating to the Golf program
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Experience playing the game of Golf, with demonstrated skillset required
- Prior experience teaching and coaching Junior golfers required
- Prior experience working in a golf pro shop in a private club setting required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of and ability in the game of Golf and all applicable rule
- Proficiency in tournament software, including but not limited to Golf Genius
- Proficiency in Jonas POS software, or ability to learn Club software systems
- Proficiency in utilizing USGA Admin Portal system
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, and Publisher
- Must be self-motivated, with a demonstrated passion for Golf and desire to promote the Club’s Golf program Must maintain a friendly, professional, and knowledgeable presence at all time
$20.00 hourly compensation
OUR TOTAL REWARDS
At WCC, we believe that our biggest strength lies in the exceptional people who work for our organization to deliver memorable experiences to our members and their families. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and providing our team members a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us. We prioritize offering valuable benefits, wellness, rewards and recognition programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and needs of team members and their families. We refer to these as our "Total Rewards“.
- Establish a Healthy Foundation – Several Cigna medical plan options, plus prescription coverage, dental and vision insurance.
- We've Got You Covered – 100% company paid life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and employee assistance program.
- Protect Against the Unexpected – Voluntary benefits including accident, critical illness, and supplemental life insurance.
- Family Members with Four Paws - Pet insurance available to provide dogs and cats with health coverage too.
- Build Toward Retirement - 401(k) plan for retirement savings and education sessions to help foster financial literacy.
- Work/Life Harmony - Paid time off including vacation and personal days, 11 holidays, and more to enjoy time outside of work, take a break, and care for ourselves or others.
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, a lifestyle discount program, and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.