Payroll & Benefits Administrator
WHO WE ARE
Since 1922, Westchester Country Club is an exclusive family-oriented private club located in Rye, New York. Westchester Country Club is among the top country clubs and proudly designated as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #29 out of the top 150 country clubs in the United States.
With over 1,600 members, Westchester Country Club offers world-class facilities including the main club property and the beach club on the Long Island Sound. Club members enjoy two championship golf courses and a 9-hole executive course, comprehensive tennis and squash facilities, various dining options, an on-site fitness facility and indoor pool, and other specialized amenities. Westchester Country Club also has two large banquet rooms, conference facilities, member apartments, and guest accommodations.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
We are hiring for a full-time Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join our People & Culture team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our HR transformation journey. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for administering and overseeing the full cycle weekly payroll process and all benefits. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator serves as the lead and subject matter expert in the areas of payroll, benefits, and HCM. This role is the primary contact and support to managers and employees for all payroll and benefits-related inquiries. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation, processing, documentation, distribution, and reconciliation of payroll and benefits. This role is committed to maintaining and preserving explicit confidentiality, a high standard of ethics, and ensuring compliance with all necessary wage and hour and benefits laws. The Payroll & Benefits Administrator provides a very high level of customer service and support to all team members.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare and process weekly payroll for all employees; including reviewing and importing hours from time and attendance system, entering ad hoc pay items, monitoring benefit deductions.
- Run supplemental payrolls as needed.
- Complete weekly payroll checklist and partner with finance team for reporting.
- Enter and process garnishments, tax levies, support orders, and other court-ordered adjustments.
- Ensure payroll is committed and transmitted by Tuesday 2:00 PM deadline.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and partner with overall People & Culture team to optimize payroll and HCM processes.
- Evaluate and implement HCM system upgrades and changes to support company and legislative changes.
- Understand regular tax reporting requirements and ensure third party processing is successfully completed.
- Resolve outstanding issues in timely manner before payroll processing begins.
- Prepare reports for Finance team, management, IRS, or other required reporting activities.
- Review time off and ensure the proper accruals are being generated.
- Enter necessary corrections for applicable payroll periods.
- Train new managers on key Payroll processes, Employee Self Service and Manager Self Service.
- Post weekly payroll journal entries into Jonas POS.
- Run weekly payroll report to be distributed to Department Managers.
- Submit 401k data to provider and prepare journal entry to be posted into Jonas POS.
- Distribute annual W-2s and 1095 reports accurately and on time.
- Administer and manage employee benefits programs, including health & welfare plans, retirement plan, and other employee perks.
- Perform benefit administration to include enrollments, life events, and terminations.
- Primary point of contact to all employees and vendors for interpretation, response and resolution of all employee benefits-related issues.
- Review weekly benefit file feeds for accuracy.
- Coordinate and assist with annual open enrollment process. Prepare, revise, and distribute materials, ensure HRIS configuration is complete, and conduct information sessions for employees.
- Review and reconcile monthly billings from carriers for accuracy, resolve discrepancies with carriers, and ensure payment in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and monitor COBRA enrollments and changes, and respond to all related inquiries accordingly.
- Coordinate employee benefit programs including but not limited to health insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, COBRA, FMLA, and other programs.
- Respond to employee’s benefit questions, resolve problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, orient newly eligible employees, and process enrollment forms and change requests.
- Prepare and maintain human resources and employee benefits data and reports.
- Reconcile all benefit-related accounts and activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of benefit practices, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in all leave administration and inquiries.
- Create and run reports to audit payroll and benefits on a weekly basis.
- Own the payroll email inbox and serve as primary lead for responding to inquiries.
- Primary point of contact for all payroll and benefits audits and non-discrimination testing.
- Maintain complete and fully up-to-date files, records and other documentation in accordance with Federal and State Laws and company policies.
- Maintain data integrity and compliance at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations by staying up-to-date with changes in employment laws and tax requirements.
- Maintain explicit confidentiality in handling sensitive employee information.
- Participate in new hire orientation and present on payroll and benefits.
- Create and maintain payroll standard operating procedures and instructional documentation.
- Train other team members to serve as back-up.
- Function as back-up to other team members to assist the overall team and cover absences as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Accounting, or other related business program; or relevant experience and/or other training may be considered
- CPP and/or CEBS certification preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in payroll and benefits administration preferred
- Strong digital aptitude and proficiency in payroll and HCM systems
- Strong understanding of payroll processing, tax regulations, and benefits administration
- Language fluency in Spanish highly preferred
- Ability to work a varied schedule at times, including nights or weekends, to meet payroll deadlines and business needs
- Strong computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy and excellence
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain explicit confidentiality and demonstrated discretion in the handling of highly sensitive material and information
- Possess a creative and positive outlook with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills
- Able to create useful and actionable reports from data
- Proactive, self-starter with ability to effectively work with minimal supervision
$70,000 - $80,000 annually, commensurate with experience
OUR TOTAL REWARDS
At WCC, we believe that our biggest strength lies in the exceptional people who work for our organization to deliver memorable experiences to our members and their families. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and providing our team members a meaningful and rewarding career experience with us. We prioritize offering valuable benefits, wellness, rewards and recognition programs, compensation, time off, and resources to support the wellbeing and needs of team members and their families. We refer to these as our "Total Rewards“.
- Establish a Healthy Foundation – Several Cigna medical plan options, plus prescription coverage, dental and vision insurance.
- We've Got You Covered – 100% company paid life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and employee assistance program.
- Protect Against the Unexpected – Voluntary benefits including accident, critical illness, and supplemental life insurance.
- Family Members with Four Paws - Pet insurance available to provide dogs and cats with health coverage too.
- Build Toward Retirement - 401(k) plan for retirement savings and education sessions to help foster financial literacy.
- Work/Life Harmony - Paid time off including vacation and personal days, 11 holidays, and more to enjoy time outside of work, take a break, and care for ourselves or others.
ALL team members enjoy free lunch and dinner meals, free parking, a lifestyle discount program, and numerous recognition events and activities throughout the year.